CREATE YOUR OWN DRESS AND LEARN TO WORK WITH STRETCH
Sewing level required: beginner knowledge of using the sewing machine
Understand the configuration of the body and how it translates into patterns, together with a basic set of clothes making techniques that help you create a dress, using a pattern customized for your own measurements – that you get to keep after the class.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to read and understand commercial patterns;
- how to sew fitted clothing;
- how to plan and cut the fabric for minimum waste;
- how to work with stretchy fabrics;
- how to make adjustments to the fit;
- how to create a neckline finishing for stretchy fabrics;
- techniques for finishing the bottom for stretchy fabric;
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A dress created entirely by you using the organic fabrics provided by us;
- A paper pattern customized for your own measurements – which you can use to recreate the dress at home;
- A PDF with full sewing instructions to help you sew the dress later on, in different design variations;
- A professional picture with you wearing your project;
- The pattern adjustment techniques to create blouses;
- A deeper understanding of clothes construction and stretchy fabrics manipulation and confidence to advance towards complex projects.
The class consists of one 6 hours session that can be taken on a Saturday morning. Here you can check the available dates.
105€/ 6 hours (home sewing machines, all the sustainable fabrics & trims needed, the customized pattern that you get to keep after the class, all tools and snacks are included). 89€ special price for each participant on a group of 3 booking or for 1 participant booking all 6 classes.
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics and clothes. Here are some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date & class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here you can see the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.