LEARN TO TAME STRETCHY FABRICS BY CREATING YOUR OWN DRESS OR T-SHIRT
Sewing level required: beginner knowledge of using the sewing machine
Understand the configuration of the body and how it translates into patterns, together with a basic set of clothes making techniques that help you create a dress or a T-shirt, using a pattern customized for your own measurements – that you get to keep after the class.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to read and understand commercial patterns;
- how to plan and cut the fabric for minimum waste;
- how to work with stretchy fabrics;
- how to create a neckline finishing for stretchy fabrics;
- techniques for finishing the bottom for stretchy fabric;
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A dress or T-shirt created entirely by you using the organic fabrics provided by us;
- A paper pattern customized for your own measurements – which you can use to recreate the piece at home;
- A PDF with full sewing instructions to help you remember the steps at home;
- A professional picture with you wearing your project;
- A deeper understanding of clothes construction and stretchy fabrics manipulation and confidence to advance towards complex projects.
The class consists of 7 hours, completed in 2 sessions of 3, respectively 4 hours each. Here you can check the available dates & times and find two dates that are the most convenient for you.
118€/ 7 hours (home sewing machines, all the sustainable fabrics & trims needed, the customized pattern that you get to keep after the class, all tools and snacks are included).
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics and clothes. Here are some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date & class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here you can see the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.