CREATE YOUR OWN KIMONO-INSPIRED ROBE, DRESS OR TOP
Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the sewing machine
Learn the clothes making techniques (working with simple patterns, fabric cutting, methods of sewing different surfaces) that allow you to create a unisex, size-flexible kimono blouse – you can choose to personalize your kimono into a blazer or a blouse.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to read and work with a simple zero waste pattern;
- how to easily replicate the pattern by yourself at home;
- how to plan your cutting for the best use of fabric;
- techniques for a professional look when working with geometric shapes;
- how to finish necklines/blouse openings;
- how to use the most common technique for finishing clothes’ bottom (also known as hem) to obtain your desired style;
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A timeless kimono blouse or blazer in a flexible size;
- A PDF with sewing instructions to help you recreate the kimono at home in different sizes and design variations;
- A set of techniques useful for sewing other simple projects at home (robes, ponchos, simple jackets);
- A professional picture with you wearing your kimono.
The class consists of 7 hours, completed in 2 sessions of 3, respectively 4 hours each. Here you can check the available dates & times and find two dates that are the most convenient for you.
108€ / 7 hours (home sewing machines, all the sustainable fabrics & trims needed, all tools and snacks are included). 95€ special price for each participant on a group of 3 booking or for 1 participant booking all 7 classes.
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics and clothes. Here you can find some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date & class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.