LEARN HOW TROUSERS WORK BY SEWING YOUR OWN PAIR WITH A ZIPPER CLOSING
Sewing level required: beginner knowledge of using the sewing machine.
Understand pants construction and pants sewing techniques, by creating a pair of pants using a pattern customized for your own measurements – that you get to keep after the class!
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to work with commercial patterns;
- how to plan and cut the fabric for minimum waste;
- how to sew a zipper;
- how to sew the most common waistline finishing;
- how to use the most common technique for finishing the bottom of the pants (hem);
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A pair of pants created using the sustainable fabrics provided by us;
- A paper pattern with your own customized measurements, so that you can recreate the pants at home with different design variations;
- A PDF with full sewing instructions to help you remember all the steps at home;
- A professional picture with you wearing your project.
The class consists of 8 hours, completed in 2 sessions of 4 hours each. Here you can check the available dates & times and find two dates that are the most convenient for you.
118€/ 8 hours (home sewing machines, all the sustainable fabrics & trims needed, the customized pattern that you get to keep after the class, all tools and snacks are included).
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics. Here you can find some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.