LEARN TO REPAIR AND ADJUST YOUR CLOTHES USING SIMPLE TECHNIQUES
Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the home sewing machine
Do you feel you have nothing to wear, when in fact your clothes are piled up, waiting to be repaired or repurposed? Then this class is for you.
In 3,5 hours you can repair/alter as much as you can, under the guidance of our sewing trainer.
SO, WHAT CAN YOU MAKE IN THIS CLASS?
- one or several simple repairs (mending, patching, covering stains & holes);
- one or several simple alterations (shortening, lengthening, tightening);
- one or several simple upcycling projects of your own.
The rhythm of completing your project/projects depends on factors such as project difficulty, fabric difficulty, skill level. We cannot guarantee all the projects you bring will be finished in the given 3,5 hours session. If you wish to continue where you left off, you can always book a new session.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to use the home sewing machine functions and settings needed for your project;
- how to adjust the machine according to the fabric type;
- how to plan your process for an easy experience;
- techniques for simple repairs & adjustment;
- simple techniques for upcycling.
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BEGINNER ADJUSTMENT PROJECTS
- tightening of jeans, winter coats or other pieces from heavy weight fabrics;
- alterations on clothes from fine, synthetic fabrics (satins, organzas, chiffons, crepes);
- upcycling projects that require complex fitting;
- fitting for pieces that are more than 1-2 sizes bigger.
As the time needed for altering your pieces can vary, we recommend bringing several pieces.
In doubt about the difficulty of your projects? Drop us an email at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com.
The class consists of 3,5 h taken in one session. Here you can check the available dates & times, from which you can find one day that is the most convenient for you.
65€ (home sewing machines, fabrics, tools, patterns and snacks are included). 52€ special price for each participant on a group of 3 booking or for 1 participant booking all 7 classes.
Each class has a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to have a complete understanding of the sewing process and to be able to spend individual time with each participant.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
To book your class, e-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here you can see the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date then the number of spots available, the first person to make the deposit would have priority.