CREATE YOUR OWN TIMELESS A-LINE SKIRT
Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the sewing machine
Learn to construct and sew a timeless wrap A-line skirt using classic tailoring techniques for cutting and finishing. This feminine cut is flattering on any body type and is the foundation for popular evening wear designs. You will learn to draft the skirt with a set of simple measurements, without using a pattern – which allows you to easily recreate the skirt in any size later on.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to draft simply a skirt without using a pattern;
- how to cut fabric to obtain a flared design;
- how to plan and cut the fabric for minimum waste;
- how to make buttonholes;
- how to sew the easiest technique for waist support;
- how to easily finish clothes’ bottom on rounded edges (also known as hem) to obtain your desired style;
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- An A-line skirt tailored to your body, created entirely by you from sustainable fabrics;
- A PDF with sewing instructions to help you easily recreate the skirt at home in any size;
- Notions about fabric cut and manipulation for casual and evening wear;
- Techniques that you can use for creating pants, dresses and accessories;
- A professional picture with you wearing your project.
The class consists of one 5 hours session that can be taken on a Saturday morning. Here you can find the available dates & times.
85€ / 5 hours (home sewing machines, all the sustainable fabrics & trims needed, all tools and snacks are included). 72€ special price for each participant on a group of 3 booking or for 1 participant booking all 6 classes.
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics. Here you can find some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.