CREATE YOUR OWN A-LINE SKIRT OR PAIR OF BOXER SHORTS
Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the sewing machine
Learn to sew a timeless wrap A-line skirt or a pair of boxer shorts using classic tailoring techniques for cutting and finishing. Both options are beginner-friendly projects meant to train your understanding about patterns, clothing constructions, use of fabric and sewing.
YOU WILL LEARN
- how to plan and cut the fabric for minimum waste;
- how to handle and organize your fabric pieces for ease of sewing;
- how to sew buttonholes;
- how to create belts;
- how to give a professional finish to your clothing;
- many other things you will understand in the process.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- An A-line skirt tailored to your body or a pair of shorts created entirely by you from sustainable fabrics;
- A PDF with sewing instructions to help you easily recreate the piece at home in any size;
- A paper pattern customized for your own measurements;
- Techniques that you can use for creating pants, dresses and accessories;
- A professional picture with you wearing your project.
The class consists of 4 hours, completed in one session. Here you can check the available dates & times and find two dates that are the most convenient for you.
75€ / 4 hours (home sewing machines, all the sustainable fabrics & trims needed, all tools and snacks are included).
Each class has a clear step-by-step structure and a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
Join our mission by bringing your own unused fabrics. Here you can find some suggestions. If you don’t find anything to bring, there will also be a selection of fabrics to choose from, free of charge, in our studio. In order to keep our conscience (and the Earth) as clean as possible, we only work with sustainable materials. Here you can find more info.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.