Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the home sewing machine
You feel that you have nothing to wear? Well, let us show you that you actually do!
Join us on a relaxing evening to learn how to transforming one of those pieces from your wardrobe that lost their charm into a new, exciting design!
This is an open class in which you will bring your own upcycling idea and old clothing to transform. For a good organization of the class, prior to participation email us with a picture of the piece of clothing/pieces you want to use in your project and a short description/rudimentary illustration of your idea (no drawing skills needed, just a doodle to help us understand better what you want to create).
Depending on the complexity of your project and your own pace, more than 4 hours could be needed to complete your project. In this case, you will receive from use guidance to help you finish the project at home or you can feel free to book another session.
BEGINNER PROJECTS WE RECOMMEND
- Projects in which you transform clothing made from non-stretchy fabrics (woven);
- Restyling projects such as changing the neckline, adding a set of gathers, inserting a new piece of fabric;
- Projects in which you avoid the use of very fine fabrics (satins, organzas, chiffons, crepes).
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to plan and prepare the upcycling process;
- The measurements, cutting and seam opening techniques you will need in all your sewing & upcycling projects;
- How to work and combine different types of fabrics;
- Different sewing techniques that will allow you to bring your idea to life.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A new set of sewing skills for using the home sewing machine;
- Useful sewing techniques you need for continuing to upcycle at home;
- Your very first upcycled creation – that no one will be able to tell it was upcycled :).
The class consists of one 4 hours session that can be taken on a Monday evening. Here you can find the available dates & times.
65€/ 4 hours (trims, tools and snacks are included).
Each class has a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.