Sewing level required: basic knowledge of using the home sewing machine
You feel that you have nothing to wear? Well, let us show you that you actually do!
Join us to learn how to transforming one of those pieces from your wardrobe that lost their charm into a new, exciting design!
This is an open class in which you will bring your own upcycling idea and old clothing to transform. For a good organization of the class, prior to participation kindly email us with a picture of the piece of clothing/pieces you want to use in your project and a short description/rudimentary illustration of your idea (no drawing skills needed, just a doodle to help us understand better what you want to create) or some reference pictures. If your idea seems possible to complete in less than the 6 hours allocated for the class, we usually suggest bringing two project ideas.
When experimenting with a new design, pattern tests and several adjustments might be needed. For this reason we kindly ask you to bring, if possible an extra piece for testing.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to plan and prepare the upcycling process;
- The measurements, cutting and seam opening techniques you will need in all your sewing & upcycling projects;
- How to set up the sewing machine according to your project;
- Different sewing techniques that will allow you to bring your idea to life.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME
- A new set of sewing skills for using the home sewing machine;
- Useful sewing techniques you need for continuing to upcycle at home;
- Your very first upcycled creation – that no one will be able to tell it was upcycled :).
The class consists of 6 hours completed in two session of 3 hours each. Here you can check the available dates & times, from which you can find one date that is the most convenient for you.
95€/ 6 hours (trims, tools, needed patterns and snacks are included).
Each class has a number of maximum 3 participants, in order to be able to spend individual time with each participant and have a complete understanding of the sewing process.
BOOK YOUR CLASS
E-mail us your desired date for this class at wiederundwider [at] gmail.com. Here is the complete schedule.
In order to officially reserve your spot, a 50% advance is required, payable through Bank Transfer/Pay Pal. The rest of the amount can be paid in cash, after each class.
When we have more requests for a date than the number of spots available, the first person to make the payment would have priority.